If you have the passion for Pain Management and helping our patients, we would like to know about you. We believe in providing an enriching, fulfilling and rewarding environment for our employees, that values long term relationship
Certified Medical Assistant
Hours: M-F 9-5
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required
- Medical Assistant Diploma – And / Or – RMA, AMT or AAMA Certification
- CPR Certification
- Previous experience is a plus but not mandatory. Willing to train the right candidate.
- Experience performing waived lab tests, collecting specimens, maintaining line of custody as required and handling lab paperwork and documentation.
- Experience working in either: Orthopedics, Neurology, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Pain Management or related disciplines.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable using computer applications to include: practice management systems, electronic health records, and related software. Knowledgeable in Microsoft office applications, use of email and on-line systems.
- Familiar with the regulations and requirements for OSHA and HIPAA and aware of the compliance requirements as enacted by Federal, State and local jurisdictions.
- Understands suitable and appropriate appearance, demonstrates good communication skills, capable of writing instructions for patients consistent with directions provided by licensed providers, works will with others.
Skills and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities, including greeting, checking schedules and organizing patient flow.
- Accompany patients to exam/procedure room and assist with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exams etc.
- Collecting and updating patient history and medical records
- Taking and recording vitals.
- Assisting physician with ambulatory surgeries.
- Performing screenings as per provider guidelines.
- Arranging laboratory services, imaging services and other diagnostic services as may be required.
- Entering, reviewing and interpreting chart notes as may be required.
- Preparing patients for examination.
- Assisting physicians during exams.
- Providing, instructing and explaining pertinent information to patients and/ or family members. Such as: medications, appointment follow ups, scheduling appointments, referrals etc…
- Authorizing prescription refills as directed.
- Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician.
- Replenishes supplies — stocks, sterilizes and cleans exam rooms and instruments.
- Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
- Directs diagnostic testing results to physician for review and treatment as directed.
- Perform phlebotomy, urinalysis testing and other basic laboratory tests as directed.
- Answering phones
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
***Experience in Pain Management is a plus***